- These Terms and Conditions apply to all transactions through Smartkart.co.uk, Please read them carefully before purchase. All statements, guarantees or warranties in our Terms of Trading are in addition to and do not affect your Statutory Rights.
- To contact our customer sales, support and technical team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening times are Monday to Friday 8 am – 10 pm GMT. Please check our website for Bank Holiday opening times as these may vary.
- Limitation of Liability.
Nothing in this Agreement shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence or fraud of Smartkart.co.uk.
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you agree that Smartkart shall not be liable either in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise, for any direct loss or damage (including loss or damage which is reasonably foreseeable or occurs naturally in the course of things) resulting from any acts, omissions, failures or delays occurring on or in relation to those parts of the internet not under Smartkart.co.uk direct control including, without limitation, damage for loss of business, loss of sales, non-payment of sums due, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of reputation, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss (even where Smartkart.co.uk been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage).
Customers are expected to report any missing items from their order promptly after delivery. This also has to be verified by Smartkart.co.uk stock.
We supply to UK addresses and few selected EU countries only, and only to the billing address of the customer, however, with some credit/debit card issuers, it may be possible to contact the issuing bank to add a secondary address.
All prices are displayed in £ Sterling. Prices are fully Exclusive of VAT. Any additional delivery charges are clearly displayed before an order is submitted.
All brand names are trademarks of their respective companies.
Product images featured on the site are for guidance only and are not always an exact match of a product. Availability of a product cannot be guaranteed.
We operate from Monday to Friday and orders received after 3.30 pm will be processed on the next business day. Before placing an order, the customer will be requested to accept/decline our terms and conditions. Orders will only be processed if acceptance is indicated and therefore the customer is deemed to have accepted these terms and will abide by them.
The placing of an order represents an offer to purchase the products indicated by the customer and is not binding on us until the order is accepted and dispatched by us. If a product shown on the website is unavailable, incorrectly priced or incorrectly described, we shall not be obliged to sell you the product.
An acknowledgement of your order will be sent to you via email when you place you purchase online, but acceptance of your offer to buy the Goods will not take place until payment is taken. It is at this point that a binding legal contract is created and any contract is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Customers have the chance to change and amend any part of their order until they press the 'submit order' button. We will send you an email confirming your order. Should you need to adjust any part of this order, please contact our sales support team by email to email@example.com. Smartkart suggest that you print off a hard copy of the order, or save a copy to your hard drive for future records
Payment for goods must be received before an order is dispatched. Please allow seven days for cheques to clear before goods are sent. We do not recommend sending cash as a method of payment and cannot be held responsible for any loss during transit.
In the unlikely event that an incorrect price is shown on our website, Smartkart.co.uk reserve the right to abstain from fulfilling the order at that price. You will, of course, be notified, at which point you will be informed of the correct price, and be given the choice to proceed with the order. Smartkart.co.uk make every effort to get the original details correct but take into consideration different situations. No contract exists between the customer and Smartkart.co.uk, for the sale of any goods or services until we have received and accepted your order and we have received payment in full (in cleared funds). Once we do so, there is a binding legal contract between us.
The goods are subject to availability. If on receipt of your order the goods you have ordered are not available in stock, we will inform you as soon as possible.
Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted. This would be within 30 days. Further delays or longer initial lead times would be communicated either at the time of placing the order or by a secondary communication.
Most goods supplied by Smartkart.co.uk with a one year manufacturer’s warranty; in some cases, it is longer. This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear wilful damage, accident, and negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than as recommended by Smartkart.co.uk, failure to follow the Smartkart.co.uk instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without Smartkart.co.uk approval.
Orders dispatched by our carriers will require a signature upon receipt. Orders are sent via DPD only.
Orders placed before 17:00 Monday - Friday (Excluding Bank Holidays) are dispatched the same day, although due to seasonal demand this can sometimes differ. Orders placed after 17:00 are dispatched the following business day. Orders dispatched on Fridays will arrive on the following Monday (excluding Bank Holidays), unless a Saturday delivery charge has been paid. Orders are dispatched on a next working day delivery service to UK Mainland (excluding Scotland). Orders taken on Saturday will be dispatched on Monday for a Tuesday delivery (excluding Bank Holidays).
We cannot be held responsible for delays caused by any courier or delivery company. For all Internet orders, an e-mail is sent to advise a date of dispatch. This also serves as an acceptance of your order and notes your right to cancel your order. We cannot follow up non-delivery of orders until at least two days have elapsed from the date this e-mail is sent.
When placing an order by credit/debit card goods will only be dispatched to the cardholder at the address where the credit/debit card is registered. With some credit/debit card issuers, it can be possible to phone the issuing bank to add a secondary address.
Distance buying regulations provide a cooling-off period (not a try before you buy period) and a right to cancel your order should you decide not to complete the transaction. The cooling-off period begins the day after your goods are received and end 60 days later. The regulations require the customer to contact us in writing to notify us of the intent to cancel/return the goods. We cannot accept returns/cancellations if we have not been notified in writing before this period has lapsed. Email is an acceptable way to notify us and we will confirm that we have received such communication. If an order is cancelled within this cooling-off period we would expect the goods to be returned to us before we process any refund. We do not refund carriage costs. We also expect goods to be returned in pristine condition with the original packaging and contents and must not be used in a way that constitutes acceptance by the customer.
If you exercise your right of cancellation after the goods have been delivered to you, you will be responsible for returning the goods to Smartkart.co.uk at your own cost. The goods must be returned to the address below (17) and you must take reasonable care to ensure the goods are not damaged in the meantime or in transit.
- No liability for any claim for damage or non-functionality shall be accepted unless Smartkart.co.uk are notified in writing by the purchaser promptly after delivery. This period may be extended at the sole discretion of Smartkart.co.uk, where the manufacturers' replacement exceeds this deadline.
- No liability for any claim for missing items such as manuals, etc. shall be accepted unless Smartkart is notified in writing by the purchaser promptly after delivery.
- No liability for any claim will be accepted in the case of goods differing in quantity or descriptions from the particulars given on the delivery note unless Smartkart.co.uk are notified in writing by the purchaser promptly after delivery and the onus is on the purchaser to prove any shortage.
- In the case of active third-party on-site maintenance contracts, the purchaser is strongly urged to process their claim directly through the manufacturer as this can considerably expedite their claim under clause 11.1
- In the case of manufacturers who operate direct product support and return procedures, the purchaser is strongly urged to process their claim directly through the manufacturer as this can considerably expedite their claim.
Smartkart.co.uk will not accept goods for credit or rectification unless Smartkart.co.uk, have been notified beforehand by email or telephone and the goods are received by Smartkart in stock condition with the original packaging. Smartkart retains the right at our sole discretion whether to accept the return of the goods, or whether to rectify the goods or whether to issue a credit note in respect thereof. The stock condition would be described as the product being in pristine condition with all software seals intact, supplied with all the original accessories and packing and not registered for warranty with the manufacturer.
The purchaser shall unless otherwise stated be responsible for the cost of outward and return carriage and insurance of all goods returned by the purchaser to Smartkart for service or credit. Goods shall be at the risk of the purchaser until actual receipt of the goods by Smartkart.co.uk. The onus of proof of safe delivery shall rest with the purchaser.
All items returned to Smartkart by pre-arrangement and found to contain no fault will need to be verified as the stock condition by Smartkart.co.uk.
Credits and refunds will be processed within 30 days.
If the goods are found to be faulty or not as described then we will refund your shipping costs up to the value of £10.00 by prior arrangement with Smartkart.co.uk
Over the Christmas period, Smartkart.co.uk have extended our returns policy, as we know many items are being given as gifts and customers may start their shopping early and want more time to exchange or refund if gifts are unsuitable. The extended refund period starts on the 01 December and runs through to the 31 January. Our other refund terms and conditions still apply. Please note that products returned must be unopened and unused.
Smartkart.co.uk is excluded from any liability to the purchaser for; losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed; losses that were not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier; business losses, and/or losses to non-consumers.
If any part of these terms and condition shall be found to be unlawful it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the conditions. This contract is and shall be deemed to have been made in England and shall in all respects be governed by English Law.
The purchaser is responsible for deciding on the suitability of the goods offered for any particular use and for the consequences arising from the modification of the goods.
Goods are subject to availability; Smartkart.co.uk, will not be responsible for compensating the purchaser for any other losses, which may be suffered if we cannot supply the goods.
Any dates specified for the delivery of the goods are approximate only and Smartkart shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay for delivery of the goods where the delay has been caused by factors beyond the control of smartkart.co.uk
Smartkart.co.uk, shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this site. Smartkart will only be liable for consequential losses within the contemplation of the parties.
Certain links in this site (typically a banner advert or icon) will lead to sites, which are not under the control of Smartkart. When you activate any of these you will leave the Smartkart.co.uk site and Smartkart has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability for the material on any site, which is not under the control of Smartkart.co.uk.
Complaint handling procedure
In the unlikely event that you have a reason to make a complaint regarding our service or any of the goods and services supplied to you from our site, please contact us by:
All complaints are taken seriously and will be investigated as soon as they are brought to our notice. We endeavor to rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Matters beyond our Reasonable Control
Smartkart.co.uk, shall not be held liable for any breach of this Agreement caused by circumstances out of its control including, but not limited to, Acts of God, fire, lightning, flood, or extremely severe weather, explosion, war, disorder, flood, industrial disputes (whether or not involving our employees), acts or omissions of Internet services providers or acts of local or central Government or other competent authority .
Due to the ordering process, certain information given by you at the time of ordering is collected lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, solely by Smartkart.co.uk, Smartkart.co.uk does not disclose any customer information to any third parties. The information is used only for the purpose of processing your request and to communicate with you on any matters relating to the provision of the service in general. Information and statistics may also be used for the purpose of monitoring site usage. These statistics will not include any information that can be used to identify any individual. Cookies are used on this shopping site, but only to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart once you have selected an item. If you have any concerns regarding the privacy of this site please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We may contact you in future regarding special offers, news items, etc. If you do not wish to be contacted please click on the unsubscribe link contained in every email message we send.
All designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement on this site are the copyright of Smartkart or its content providers. As a visitor to the Smartkart site, you are licensed to copy electronically or to print portions of this site for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of materials on this site without Smart kart's prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
The entire Smartkart.co.uk site is held on a secure server using a verified SSL (secure socket layer) system for transferring data. If you click on the small padlock symbol at the bottom of the screen of your browser you will be taken to this sites security certificate. If you have any concerns regarding the security of this site please call us or email us.
Used Equipment and Part Exchange
By offering the used item to us, you confirm and warrant that:
- You have full legal title to the items offered or are lawfully authorized to dispose of the products
- The products are not subject to any outstanding finance from a hire purchase agreement or otherwise
- The products were purchased inside the EU. You also acknowledge that we reserve the right to require documentary evidence confirming this to be the case.
- Unless agreed to the contrary with us expressly in writing, VAT is not chargeable in respect of the purchase of the second-hand products; and (v) you are over the age of 16 or, if not, that you have obtained consent from your parent or guardian to sell the products. You indemnify us from any claims that may arise if you send items to us in breach of this warranty.
- You acknowledge that in the event that we become aware that any products sent to us are registered or reported as lost or stolen, we may contact the appropriate authorities.
- We aim to provide a quotation within two business days of receiving a request. Quotations will be given in good faith based on the information you provide but are non-binding until we have received the products and inspected/tested them.
- Once you have accepted a quotation from us, you will send the items to us at your cost. You are responsible for packaging and labeling the products appropriately and acknowledge that we will not be liable for loss or damage to products that are not, in our reasonable opinion, packaged appropriately. You should remove any memory card or other data storage device from the products before sending them to us and acknowledge that we will not be responsible for the loss of any such devices or data or images held on them.
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel any quotation or to offer a revised quotation following inspection of the products. If we offer a revised quotation by phone or email, you will have the right to accept or reject the revised quotation. Such quotations will be open for acceptance for a maximum period of seven days. We will require acceptance of a revised quotation to be in writing, by email.
In the event that we decline the products following an inspection or you do not accept a revised quotation, then we will return the products to you by courier at our expense.
- Once we have: (I) inspected the products and confirmed our original quote; or (ii) received written acceptance from you of any revised quote that we may have provided, we will process a payment to you via BACS and inform you of final acceptance of the transaction by email. Upon crediting your account and providing this confirmation, ownership of the products will pass immediately and irrevocably to us. Second-hand products are not purchased for cash. Where goods are offered in part exchange, you should ensure that the item you intend to purchase matches or exceeds the value of your part exchanged an item, as we’re unable to credit you for any difference.
Terms and conditions applicable to Smartkart.co.uk vouchers:
Only one promotional voucher is permitted per order.
- Promotional voucher codes may only be redeemed on the website toward the purchase or delivery of products. Voucher codes cannot be redeemed in our store.
- Please note that a minimum purchase may apply to voucher code promotions exclusive of postage and packing.
- Promotional vouchers cannot be used retrospectively, i.e. applied to orders already placed with us.
- Certain products may be exempt from voucher code promotions. See promotion-specific terms and conditions for details.
- Smartkart reserves the right to cancel/remove online voucher code promotions at any time.
- Please note that voucher codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher offer.